You and Charlie?
|Chelsea to Melissa|
Chelsea Christine Melini is the ex-fiancé of Charlie Harper and one of the few women he has actually loved. She debuts in Season 6.
She is the first woman Charlie confessed his love to without prompting. He says this nearly by accident but claims he meant it. At first, Chelsea was another one of Charlie's one-night stands but it soon evolved into a relationship. The relationship comes to a rut with Chelsea wanting to break up, but after some couples' counselling, the two remain together. Charlie proposes to her, ring and all, just to get her to say "I love you" back to him, and since then, they are engaged to be married. When Chelsea moves into the Harper beach house, Charlie rents out her vacant apartment to get alone time.
He requests Rachel to send topless photos of herself which Chelsea finds out in "The Two Finger Rule", resulting in her storming out. Charlie tries to mend their relationship but his attempt goes sideways as he keeps lusting at Rachel's nude images, though they patch it up by the next episode. It is shown that he genuinely cares for her in "My Son's Enormous Head" when he decides to take care of a sick Chelsea because typically he would have dumped an ill woman he slept with. Initially, Charlie keeps cheating on Chelsea.
It is later revealed in "Hello, I am Alan Cousteau" that her mom is a stereotypical homophobic white supremacist when Charlie invites her over in revenge for her trying to develop a friendly relationship with Evelyn who he hates. Her dad Tom (portrayed by guest star Stacy Keach) is revealed to be the same in Season 7. Tom later reveals having a long-time passion for his fellow Navy Server and friend Edward Boyton who also turned out be a black man. He then leaves Chelsea's mom Martha for him.
She later encountered Rose many times who was actually stalking her, but Chelsea believed they were just chance encounters and is not aware that she already knows the Harpers. They became good friends by the time of "Above Exalted Cyclops" and she set up a blind-double date with both brothers who decide not to inform Chelsea about her past with Charlie.
She decides to move in with Charlie in "Sir Lancelot's Litter Box". Charlie however is resistant to the idea and she decides to leave. They reconcile after he agrees to her moving in but didn't like the changes she made to her room, they however make up after Alan convinces him. She rents out her apartment but unbeknownst to her, the tenant is Charlie himself.
After Alan got into trouble with the law in Season 7, Chelsea became attracted to an attorney named Brad, and eventually left Charlie for him, leaving Charlie devastated. Chelsea and Charlie had a one-night stand after breaking up, and Chelsea wanted to get back with Charlie, but was thwarted due to Charlie sleeping with her best friend Gail. When Charlie took marijuana and envisioned several ex-girlfriends, Chelsea was among them. In the Season Finale, it was her birthday and Charlie had already bought her a birthday present and has Jake give it to her and when he sees her walking down the street with her dog, he tries to drive off and crashes into a cop car and she finds him being arrested for it.
In "Nice to Meet You, Walden Schmidt", Chelsea was present at Charlie's "funeral" with many past lovers of Charlie. Here she reveals that Charlie gave her an STD. In Of Course He's Dead, Chelsea receives a check and an apology letter from Charlie.
- She could read Charlie like a book, when he met an old one-night stand, Charlie nearly humped her into a coma to release his stress.
- Her middle name was revealed in season 6, ep 15 to be Christine.
- Chelsea was previously married for eight years to an unknown man and was quite close to the man's mother, her ex-mother in law. She later attended her ex-mother in law's funeral but left sooner than expected when her ex-husband tried to seduce her while she was dating Charlie.
- Alan was attracted to her but hides his feelings all through the series and acts as her good friend.
- Charlie did enjoy his time with her, particularly the sex, and even states she was one of his "favorites".
- The actress who plays Chelsea appears in Season 1 as a woman at the supermarket flirting with Charlie and in Season 2 as a one night stand and finally in Season 6 as Charlie's girlfriend and fiancé.
- She has a pet cat named Sir Lancelot.
- Charlie and Jake once ran over a cat and thought it was Sir Lancelot, to which Jake threatened Charlie with pictures, but later the cat is revealed to be owned by a large and muscular male neighbor of Charlie's.
- Despite being billed as a main character in Season 7, Jennifer Taylor was still billed as a recurring character.
- In Season 7, she was only absent in three episodes: "For The Sake of The Child", "Keith Moon Is Vomiting In His Grave" and "I Called Him Magoo".
- Jennifer Taylor had portrayed three different characters in the series before she was given the role of Chelsea.